My dad is a master wood craftsman and can make anything. He's actually made most of the furniture in our house! For college graduation and my move to Houston, he made me a bed, dresser, and matching nightstands -- these are my most prized possessions.
Here's a photo of my dad staining the nightstands and the finished bed in his workshop from 2003:
In addition to bedroom furniture, my dad handcrafted our son's crib and changing table, our entertainment center, coffee table, entry table, and much more! He also makes furniture, cabinets, and keepsake items for my mom, their church, and friends and family.
So, of course, I opted for a woodworking theme for my dad's Fathers Day card:
- Card Base - DCWV Brights Collection (A2)
- Papers - wood-grain paper from Me & My Big Ideas - Autumn; graph and red starburst pattern from DCWV Mod-Retro stack; textured cardstock from The Paper Studio; all others from scraps
- Cricut Cuts - hammer and screwdriver from Boys Will Be Boys, page 50
- Cuttlebug Embossing - orange circle with Dots & Spots; mustard circle with Distressed Stripes
- Other - inking with brown Stampabilities ink pad; sentiment printed on my computer; pop dots elevate hammer and screwdriver and background circles
The card design was based on Sassy Lil' Card Sketches' June 7th Reveal, and I'm including this card in their challenge.
Happy Fathers Day, Daddy!