Friday, June 17, 2011

Hubby's Shirt Fathers Day Card

Also stashed away in hubby's luggage is his Fathers Day card from me.  Since watching Mary's shirt origami tutorial at Cardz TV, I knew I wanted to make him a card with one of those super cute shirts!



Card Details:
  • Card Base - Studio G (5x5")
  • Papers - striped paper from My Mind's Eye: Magnolia; aqua paper from My Mind's Eye: Simply Delightful; orange and white cardstock from scraps
  • Cricut Cuts - both layers of <tag1> from Lovely Floral; "HUBBY" sentiment font from Birthday Bash
  • Other - stamp by Hampton Ink; brads from 7 Gypsies - Angelo; inside sentiment created/printed from my computer; edges inked with Colorbox orange and cyan ink pads; "HUBBY" sentiment and shirt on pop dots

My favorite thing about this card -- well, besides from successfully making an origami shirt! -- is the tag hanging from the "button" like you actually get when buying a collared shirt.  It flips and flutters in the breeze as you move the card.

I'm entering this card in the following challenge:

Paper Cutz Challenge #96 - Fathers Day (with a tag)

4 comments:

  1. How cute is this! Love it, and love the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge at PCC!
    Hugs,
    Mary
    Thanks for the shout out for Cardz TV! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done it again. What a great card, so neat and clean looking. Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice card - love it! Thanks for leaving me such sweet comments on my blog!-Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card, love the shirt!! The sentiment inside is perfect :) Thanks for playing along with Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete