I made another card requested by my cousin; this one is for a girly-girl who likes zebra print and the color pink. Wouldn't you know, I didn't have a single piece of zebra print in my paper collection...?! I made a quick trip to Michaels last night to remedy that situation and also found some sentiment stamps on clearance. I love bargains!
Here's the girly-girl card -- I'm really diggin' it!
- Card Base - DCWV Brights Collection (A2)
- Papers - patterns by The Paper Studio; solids and cardstocks from scraps
- Cricut Cuts - purse and hearts from Create a Critter, page 36 (accessory and phrase); scalloped border from Elegant Edges, page 30 (border)
- Cuttlebug Embossing - D'vine Swirls on purse
- Other - sentiment stamp by Hampton Ink
The only purse cuts I could find in my collection were from Create a Critter. Both were pretty basic, so I added the flap to the front of this purse to jazz it up. It's simply the cutout portion between the purse body and handle. Pretty cute, huh?
I must admit, the whole time I was making this card, I was salivating over the purses from Kate's ABCs. I bought it for my mom a while back when it was on sale at Joanns for $19.99, and it's even sitting on my craft table! But I had willpower and didn't open it -- even though she said I could if I absolutely had to. I might be adding that cart to my wish list.
Note: I'm submitting this project to Paper Cutz Challenge #95 - Anything Goes with Pink, Black, and White Only.