Saturday, July 23, 2011

Curious George Baby Shower Invitation

My blog has been fairly quiet this week since I've been making cards for design teams; my cards debut next week -- YIPPEE!  But I've also started working on a big project -- a Curious George baby shower.  I'm making invitations, some decorations, and tags for the favors.  Yes, there's a diaper cake, but another hostess -- the gal who made mine -- is putting it together.

Here's the first invitation I produced this morning:


Card Details:
  • Card Base - Flat (5x5")
  • Papers - Recollections
  • Curious George - I found this image online and edited it with Adobe Photoshop to be a pink-blanketed girl with dark hair (it was previously a blue-blanketed blonde boy).
  • Ribbon -  The Ribbon Boutique (3/8 inch)
  • Text - Candara (sans-serif font; black); Wrexham (serif font; red), created with MS Publisher
Can you believe this invitation is completely Cricut- and Cuttlebug-less...?!  But the card had to be simple since I have 35 of these boogers to make!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica, super cute invites...love them. FABULOUS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the invitations. What did you use for favors?
    Having a baby shower for a teacher friend and want to use a children's book character. Like George but can't think how to carry out the theme past the invites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you mind sharing where you found the curious george image? I cannot find it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete