Friday, July 29, 2011

Butterfly Diaper Cake & Card

It must be "baby season", because I have another diaper cake for you today!


 
This confection is for a sweet little girl with a butterfly-themed nursery.  As soon as I saw this paisley ribbon at Hobby Lobby, I knew it was perfect for her pink and green room.  I was still stuck on the topper until a few days ago when she came two weeks early -- uh oh!  Then I found a cute monogram coat hanger on Michael's "fabulous finds" aisle with her initial.

Project Details:
  • Papers - My Mind's Eye - Simply Delightful and Bohemia
  • Cricut Cuts - butterfly from Create a Critter, page 64
  • Cuttlebug Embossing - D'vine Swirls, Kassie's Brocade, Perfectly Paisley, Swiss Dots, Victoria
  • Ribbon - pink satin by Robert Stanley Collection; paisley by The Ribbon Boutique
  • Floral - pink floral bush from Hobby Lobby
  • Other - lots of inking on butterflies with Colorbox petal point pads in green and pinks

I also made a matching card:

Card Details:
  • Card Base - DCWV Brights (A2)
  • Papers - green stripes by American Crafts - Everyday paperpack; pink textured and non-textured cardstock by The Paper Studio; black and white cardstock from scraps
  • Cricut Cuts - butterfly from Create a Critter, page 64; scalloped background from Elegant Edges, page 23
  • Cuttlebug Embossing - inner butterfly wings with D'vine Swirls; scalloped background with Swiss Dots; pink background with Perfectly Paisley
  • Other - inking with pink Colorbox petal point ink pads; ribbon by The Ribbon Boutique; gemstones from Michaels dollar bin

I had so much fun making such a girly project!  It made me fall in love with the Perfectly Paisley embossing folder that had been sitting unopened in my Cuttlebug bin for far too long...now I want to use it on everything!

I'm entering this project into the following challenge:

Queen of My Craftroom:  Mojo Monday Challenge - Create a Critter Cartridge

18 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! TFS

    Candace
    mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh, so beautiful! You could seriously go into business with these! I may have to scraplift this for the next baby shower I throw! :) I have that Paisley folder too - and I LOVE it!
    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the paisley paper and the embossing is great! :)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just so gorgeous! The topper turned out great! Love it!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica,great cake and card.Love the butterflies and your paisley embossing on the card.Have a great weekend.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project, nice butterflies!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bee-utiful Buttterfly project & card.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love your project/card combo. So sweet for a baby shower. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another very pretty cake and matching card. Love those butterflies.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning!!! What a beautiful diaper cake!! Fabulous job as always!

    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful and I love that you made a matching card! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute and sweet... I'm sure mummy will love the gift... TFS Julie

    http://9-2-midnight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job. they are both adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful! and diaper cakes are just the best way to make a pack (or more...) of diapers look not so boring. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh too cute your diaper cake is with the matching card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime for our anything goes challenge. :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Check out our most popular baby shower centerpiece designs, bought to you by diaper cakes .

    ReplyDelete