Sunday, July 10, 2011

So Thoughtful Circle Card

Please don't be alarmed, but this post will be my last until next weekend.  A dear childhood friend and her three year-old son are coming to visit this week, so I'm in the process of packing up my craft goodies.  (Oh, how I wish for a craft room...)  If we need the guest room for my parents, I typically move everything to the living room since my mom and I would a-Cricut anyway.  But all these papercrafting tools are just too tempting for two little boys -- so into plastic boxes it all will go.

It's actually my first time to store everything since I began papercrafting.  Four months ago, it fit in one flat, under-the-bed container; now, I've got to make a Target run for at least two more boxes.  Wow...

But at least I'm going out with a bang.  I made one last card this evening, and I'm loving how it turned out:

Card Details:
  • Card Base - scalloped round card by Studio G (5" diameter)
  • Papers - all papers from My Mind's Eye: Magnolia; except green cardstock which is from The Paper Studio
  • Cricut Cuts - <flower2> cut from Simply Charmed, page 39, only base and layers 1 and 2; circle mats cut with Layer 3 of <flower2>
  • Cuttlebug Embossing - green leaves with Victoria
  • Other - petal and gemstone embellishments by Recollections; inking with red, orange, and green Colorbox ink pads; sentiment stamp by Studio G

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Cricut360:  Challenge #2 - Circle Thank You Card
Die Cuttin' Divas:  Challenge #22 - Sketch Week
M.A.G. Challenge by the Page:  Challenge #34 - Simply Charmed

27 comments:

  1. amazing color palette! Love the flower work. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful colors! I'm joining you this week at DCD. Great job!
    Jenni
    http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what an awesome card...love it. You did an amazing job! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is FANTASTIC! I love all of the colors. Thanks for sharing your card with us at DCD. -Yvette
    cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for joining us this week...we are sad to hear you will be gone this week because we really enjoy spending crafty time with your wonderful creations like your So Thoughtful Card...We hope you enjoy your family time.

    Mistyrose
    Die Cuttin Diva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, very pretty! This is such an addicting hobby, welcome to the club!!!!! Thanks for playing with us @ MAG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. Love the shape. Thanks for joining us at MAG

    ReplyDelete
  8. The way you layered your papers and the choice of patterns makes this a beautiful card that will make someone feel special. Thanks for playing with us at MAG.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card--so bright and colorful!! Glad you took the challenge at Cricut360 this week--enjoy your visitors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice card! I love the colors! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Cricut 360!

    Stacey
    staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Card. Very colorful which makes it stand out even more. Have fun with your guests. Thanks for playing with us at MAG. Smooches... Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great!! LOve the PP and colors!
    Thanks for playing with us over at M.A.G. Challenge by The Page!
    Kimberly
    hellocutiecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a bright, fun, and gorgeous card! Love the use of patterned paper! Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Cricut360 and DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is so adorable! Thanks for playing along with MAG.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE all of the colors! It makes the card pop! it's so bright and cheery! Thanks for joining DCD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love this. The papers are absolutely great! I am going to have to look for them. Thanks for sharing! ~ Sabrina @ http://sabrioletdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I love these vibrant colors you chose for your card. It screams summer. I love it! The flowers you made are great! Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute- love all the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Cricut 360.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute card...love it...Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360º HUGS...SK :) AKA/ Sonia Scraps 4 Fun

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous, love your sentiment, thanks so much for joining Mag!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your choice of colors is fantastic, simply gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for playing with us over at Cricut 360 :0)
    Diana
    daisylovecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome card. love all the different colors and the the flowers. TFS with us on cricut 360

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous Jessica!!! :)
    Amy "redheaded crafter"

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous, as usual. :) I have an award for you.
    http://niftynitanotes.blogspot.com/2011/07/another-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW - this is sooo FABULOUS! The colors are just stunning and I LOVE your design! What an awesome card! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete