Saturday, July 16, 2011

Seasons Greetings Mitten Card

I'm loving all the Christmas projects around the Cricut blogosphere this month.  I decided to join in the early celebration with a holiday card project:


Card Details:
  • Card Base - shaped card created with <mitten> from Simply Charmed, page 65 (shadow) cut at 5.25 inches
  • Papers - patterned papers from K&Company's Yuletide paperpack; solid cardstock from The Paper Studio
  • Cricut Cuts - mitten from Simply Charmed, page 65; "Seasons Greetings" sentiment from Winter Woodland, page 63
  • Cuttlebug Embossing - mitten cuff with D'vine Swirls; holly leaves with Victoria
  • Other - inking with red Colorbox petal point ink pad and leaf green Le Plume II marker; brad by 7 Gypsies - Angelo; yarn from scraps

I love making shaped cards -- even with my antiquated "hold-it-together-with-a-brad" method.  But it actually works well for the mittens.  When fanned out to view the inside message, you get a pair of mittens!  I chose to use a simple piece of yarn as a bow to resemble the little pom-poms and shoe-string bows on mittens from my childhood.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

BBTB2 Challenge:  Mittens from "Joys of the Season"
Celebrate the Occasion:  Challenge #22 - Shaped Christmas Card

15 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what an adorable card creation...love it. Great job! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I love the yarn. My husband loses one mitten a year and I always threaten him with mittens on a string if he doesn't knock it off. :) So cute.
    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Love the papers and embossing!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card. I love mitten shape and great colors. Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Love pattern paper! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card shape! Nice paper! Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on our mitten challenge. I love the design. thanks for joining us on our BBTB2 challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's just adorable!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so cute! I also love the way it opens... :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an adorable card. Love it. Thanks for playing with us at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rolling back through :)

    LOVE this card!! So creative to use a brad instead of welding -- GREAT idea!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Celebrate The Occasion DTM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the brad, really adorable card with great DP's! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this mitten and the style of your shape card is fabulous, nice detail! Thanks so much for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! Fab papers and I love the way it opens. thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I LOVE this!! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete