- Card Base - shaped card created with <mitten> from Simply Charmed, page 65 (shadow) cut at 5.25 inches
- Papers - patterned papers from K&Company's Yuletide paperpack; solid cardstock from The Paper Studio
- Cricut Cuts - mitten from Simply Charmed, page 65; "Seasons Greetings" sentiment from Winter Woodland, page 63
- Cuttlebug Embossing - mitten cuff with D'vine Swirls; holly leaves with Victoria
- Other - inking with red Colorbox petal point ink pad and leaf green Le Plume II marker; brad by 7 Gypsies - Angelo; yarn from scraps
I love making shaped cards -- even with my antiquated "hold-it-together-with-a-brad" method. But it actually works well for the mittens. When fanned out to view the inside message, you get a pair of mittens! I chose to use a simple piece of yarn as a bow to resemble the little pom-poms and shoe-string bows on mittens from my childhood.
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
BBTB2 Challenge: Mittens from "Joys of the Season"
Celebrate the Occasion: Challenge #22 - Shaped Christmas Card