This confection is for a sweet little girl with a butterfly-themed nursery. As soon as I saw this paisley ribbon at Hobby Lobby, I knew it was perfect for her pink and green room. I was still stuck on the topper until a few days ago when she came two weeks early -- uh oh! Then I found a cute monogram coat hanger on Michael's "fabulous finds" aisle with her initial.
- Papers - My Mind's Eye - Simply Delightful and Bohemia
- Cricut Cuts - butterfly from Create a Critter, page 64
- Cuttlebug Embossing - D'vine Swirls, Kassie's Brocade, Perfectly Paisley, Swiss Dots, Victoria
- Ribbon - pink satin by Robert Stanley Collection; paisley by The Ribbon Boutique
- Floral - pink floral bush from Hobby Lobby
- Other - lots of inking on butterflies with Colorbox petal point pads in green and pinks
I also made a matching card:
- Card Base - DCWV Brights (A2)
- Papers - green stripes by American Crafts - Everyday paperpack; pink textured and non-textured cardstock by The Paper Studio; black and white cardstock from scraps
- Cricut Cuts - butterfly from Create a Critter, page 64; scalloped background from Elegant Edges, page 23
- Cuttlebug Embossing - inner butterfly wings with D'vine Swirls; scalloped background with Swiss Dots; pink background with Perfectly Paisley
- Other - inking with pink Colorbox petal point ink pads; ribbon by The Ribbon Boutique; gemstones from Michaels dollar bin
I had so much fun making such a girly project! It made me fall in love with the Perfectly Paisley embossing folder that had been sitting unopened in my Cuttlebug bin for far too long...now I want to use it on everything!
I'm entering this project into the following challenge:
Queen of My Craftroom: Mojo Monday Challenge - Create a Critter Cartridge