Monday, July 4, 2011

Birthday Fishes Wishes Card

I hope you all had a great Independence Day!  Our family had a relaxing day at home, and I had a little time tonight for crafting.

This card is for my father-in-law's birthday later this week.  He enjoys tending his aquarium, so I decided to make him a fishbowl card.



Card Details:
  • Card Base - fishbowl from Create a Critter, page 43, cut at 4 inches; secured with brad
  • Papers - textured cardstock by Bazzil Bling; all other cardstock from scraps; distressed brown paper from My Mind's Eye - Simply Delightful
  • Cricut Cuts - from Create a Critter: fishbowl and fish, page 43; starfish, page 41 (accessory)
  • Cuttlebug Embossing - water with D'vine Swirls; fish (Layer 1) with Swiss Dots
  • Other - brad by 7 Gypsies - Angelo; sentiment printed from my computer; fish and starfish on pop dots; doodling with white Gelly Roll pen; inking with Colorbox yellow and cyan ink pads

Without a Gypsy, I can't make shaped cards too easily -- but my solution is making a card held together by brads.  It's different, but I like it. :)

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

BBTB2 Challenge:  Life Is a Beach / Starfish Challenge
Birthday Sundaes:  Challenge #16 - Anything Goes
Fantabulous Cricut:  Challenge #67 - Pool Time

20 comments:

  1. Very, very cute...and I like the brad idea! Love the embossing and your doodling adds a great touch! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at FCCB!
    http://nonnascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card... love the way you incorporated the star fish ....
    thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the embossing for the water, a very happy card! Thank you for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I am a big fan of the create a critter cartridge. Love you sentiment too. I am a new follower. Stop by my blog sometime and say hi!

    Linda
    http://craftingwithnana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love the brad idea and sentiment really makes this card fun! Thanks for creating with us at Fantabulous Cricut this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, could this be any more adorable? I think not. :)
    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! I love everything about it! I'm your newest follower! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica, your cards are always adorable, and this one is not the exception. Thanks for sharing it with us at Birthday Sundaes!
    Vivi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is just darling! He's sure to love it. Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw your card over at Birthday Sundaes and had to stop by and tell ya that this is a great card! I really like the fact that it's a shape card and all the cute details just add to it! :o)
    Theresa
    www.miislucky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just darling! I love shaped cards. I bet your FIL loves it! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooooo cute! Love that fish bowl, water and sand! This is a great birthday card! Thanks for sharing this with Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your fishy is way too cute! I know your father-in-law will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super cute..Thanks for playing along at BBTB2...Krista

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable, love that little fish :) Thanks for joinig us at FCCB this week!! Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute!! I love that fishbowl shape!! That sentiment is the best!!
    Thanks for playing with us @ FCCB!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, Jessica... I wanted to comment on your two other posts, but I'm coming back for those very soon!! :) I really wanted to tell you how much I LOVE this card first (saw it while browsing on my phone the other day -- couldn't comment from there though)... Love all the details and especially the embossing!! WONDERFUL!! :)

    Oh yeah... And I wanted to tell you... There's a Blog Award for you on my blog... Hope you'll stop by and pick it up!! :)

    (((hugs)))
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jessica! This card is the absolute cutest!!! The second I saw it, I wanted to come tell you that crafty minds think alike, but I knew I couldn't give anything away about our upcoming challenge...hehe! Make sure you check out what I made a few weeks ago for Birthday Sundaes and you'll see what I mean! I love how your card swivels on the brad! Super fun card and thanks for playing along at Birthday Sundaes! I hope you'll join us again this week!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete