Even though she lives seven hours away, we have a close relationship and talk on the phone most everyday -- sometimes multiple times. Since we both got our Expressions in March, many of our conversations are now about Cricut and papercrafting. But my mom is talented many, many areas -- cross-stitch, home decor, flower arranging, crochet, and anything that requires creativity and precision. (You see, when my mom needs to center something, she whips out the measuring tape; I just eye-ball it. She's that exact and takes pride in everything she does.) She's also a loving grandmother to my son and the best cook I know; there's nothing like Mama's cooking.
She and my dad are actually coming for a visit and will arrive this evening -- I'm so excited!
So without further ado, here's the card I made for my mom:
- Card Base - Easel Card (5x5")
- Papers - patterned papers from My Mind's Eye: Simply Delightful; solid cardstock by The Paper Studio
- Cricut Cuts - butterflies from Florals Embellished, page 64; scalloped background and border from Elegant Edges, page 56
- Cuttlebug Embossing - Kassie's Brocade on pink background
- Other - pink ribbon from stash; gems from Michaels dollar bin; doodling with white Gelly Roll pen; sentiment printed from my computer