This card is also my first try at a sidestep card. Its two recessed rows were perfect for making a bookshelf. Hubby is an avid reader, so I decided to make it a bookworm-themed card. Here's the result:
- Card Base - Sidestep Card (A2)
- Papers - patterned brown paper from My Mind's Eye: Simply Delightful; patterned blue paper from Recollections: All Seasons; all cardstock by The Paper Studio
- Cricut Cuts - worm from Create a Critter, page 65; books (one set flipped) from Wrap It Up, page 57; presents from Stretch Your Imagination, page 59; banner from Birthday Bash, page 69 (font, both layers); "Happy Birthday" sentiment from Birthday Bash, page 68 (card/tag)
- Cuttlebug Embossing - Kassie's Brocade on presents; Dots & Spots on light green layer of bookworm
- Other - ribbon by American Crafts (double-sided -- how cool!); lots of inking with brown ink pad by Stampabilities
Hubby loved his card! He's so supportive of my papercrafting addiction, and I was glad to try a new card fold especially for him.