The only stipulations for the call were to make a card or layout using lime green and a bug. Here's my result:
- Card Base - easel card (5.5x5.5")
- Paper - all patterned paper from American Crafts Play Paperpack; solids from The Paper Studio cardstock and textured cardstock
- Cricut Cuts - bugs from Simply Charmed, page 31; "love bug" sentiment from Create a Critter, page 66 (phrase), heart embellishment from Create a Critter, page 64 (phrase).
- Cuttlebug Embossing - dark green layer of bugs with Distressed Stripes
- Other - ribbon by CelebrateIt Basic Narrows; doodling with white Gelly Roll pen; inking along dark pink edges with Le Plume II scarlet marker; inside sentiment created on my computer; pop-dots elevate the bugs, sentiment, and two layers of heart embellishment.
I thought a lot about my hubby while working on this card, and now it's sitting on the entryway table so he can see it as soon as he walks in from work!
Sonia and Nana, CRICUT 360º Hosts,
It would be an honor to participate on your design team. I'm a newbie (got my Cricut Expression in March), but I've grown so much in my papercrafting skills by participating in challenge blogs. Now I'd love to give back and inspire others -- especially others who are just getting started! My work is completely Cricut and Cuttlebug-focused (no stamping), which I feel shows the complete range of what one can do with a Cricut and a little imagination. I also love to do scrapbook layouts and would bring those types of projects to your forum. Thank you for considering me!