Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Flying Bird Birthday Card

I played with my newest cartridge today -- Florals Embellished.  Hubby gave me this cartridge last weekend as an end-of-school-year reward.  I can't imagine any better reward than Cricut goodies, can you?

And he had great timing, too -- BBTB2 is featuring one of the Florals Embellished birds for its challenge this week.  So, here's my resulting card:


I made the sentiment "Happy Birthday" since June is a big month for birthdays in our family.  My mom, dad, and hubby have birthdays.  But who's the recipient?  They'll just have to wait and see...

Card Details:
  • Card Base - Studio G (5"x5")
  • Papers - Simply Delightful: My Mind's Eye for all blue patterns; plain white cardstock and textured navy cardstock from scraps
  • Cricut Cuts - bird from Florals Embellished, page 61, all six layers; clouds are the "joy" background from Playtime; "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from Birthday Bash, page 44 (card/tag)
  • Cuttlebug Embossing - Kassie's Brocade for top layer of bird's body; D'vine Swirls for clouds
  • Other - inking on top layers of bird with white gel pen and Le Plume II sky blue marker; pop-dots elevate bird above clouds

I'm entering this project into the following challenges:

BBTB2:  Challenge - Florals Embellished Flying Bird
Fantabulous Cricut: Challenge #61 - Blue Skies

7 comments:

  1. So pretty! Great paper on this! What a great reward! Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2, DT Member Carri :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabby card for our BBTB2 challenge. Thanks for joining us on the challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica, I love your Flying Bird card! The colors and the way you put it all together are fantastic. Good job. Congratulations on winning the FCCB challenge too. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Every time new cricut cuts it makes me what to get that cart! Glad to know your in Houston! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I just love the blue patterned paper. It's perfect for this gorgeous cut. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely GORGEOUS! I'm loving the blues and the clouds behind. Fabulous take on the challenge! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at FCCB!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete