Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gingerbread Joy Page

Have I mentioned lately how much I like Sassy Lil' Sketches?  Their layouts really inspire me to complete pages on my son's scrapbook -- and I need that push!

I'm progressing sequentially in his scrapbook (for now), so the page I worked on these past two nights is Christmas-themed.  It's hubby, son, and me at our church's annual gingerbread decorating party for Christmas 2009.  We started decorating gingerbread houses as a newlywed couple, and this year was Jonathan's first time decorating with us.

Here's the sketch from Sassy Lil' Sketches - May 14th Reveal:


And here's my resulting page:

Cartridges Used:
Birthday Bash
Playtime
Stretch Your Imagination
Wrap It Up

I did LOTS of doodling with a white gel pen and some with red and green pens.  Inking with a brown pad on the gingerbread men give them that "baked" look.  Or -- if coming from my kitchen -- that "almost-burned-to-a-crisp" look! :)

Working on a Christmas page sure made the hot Texas temperatures seem a little less oppressive -- hope you enjoy this latest project!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty layout! I like your choice of papers and Cricut cuts! Great take on the sketch! Your photos are great--bet he had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow those lil gingerbreads are soo cute!!! great page.. thanks sooo much for playing along with Sassy Lil Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete