Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Cupcake Birthday Card

Happy Mothers Day!  I hope all you mothers and special ladies were honored by your loved ones with a special day.  My hubby and son took me out to lunch after church and gifted me with a new cartridge and embossing folder.  (They sure know how to support my addiction, huh?)

I'm also celebrating National Scrapbooking Day this evening, as -- more than anything else -- I wanted a "Mommy Timeout" so I could craft in peace for a few hours.  The result is a few projects from My Pink Stamper's NSD challenges combined with inspiration from sketch blogs.

My first creation tonight is a cupcake-themed birthday card made using my Mothers Day gift -- the Simply Charmed cartridge!  I love this cart already with all its happy faces and cute phrases.

Cartridges Used:
Lovely Floral
Simply Charmed

The cupcake is from Simply Charmed, and the side border scallop is clipped from a frame on Lovely Floral.  I printed the sentiment from my computer since I couldn't seem to find a phrase that looked good cut at such a small size.

I was also inspired by the Die Cuttin' Divas sketch this week, so I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Die Cuttin' Divas: May 1st Sketch Challenge
The Pink Stamper: NSD Challenge #1 - Anything Cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment