Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mothers Day Card for Gran

Mothers Day is fast approaching, so I needed to make progress on cards for the mothers in my life.  I made the card below for my husband's grandmother:


Cartridges Used:
Cricut Classic Font
Lovely Floral
Wrap It Up

The body of the card is from Wrap It Up, and I like the result of putting cardstock with a little glitter behind the cut.  When I tried to cut the tag on glitter cardstock, I discovered the thickly-glittered areas don't play well with the regular Cricut blade.  I had to snip a bit with scissors by hand, but it's not terribly noticeable.  Oh well...lesson learned.  Inking makes the "Gran" title tag stand out nicely.

I'm entering this card in Cricut Cardz Challenge #72 - Mothers Day Card using a Card Feature.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Nice color combo and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you put the patterned paper behind the cut out. Beautiful and bright colors. Gran will be delighted with this card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cricut Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card, great colors, I am sure Gran will love this!! Thanks so much for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice job on your card!! Like the colors your used to and how you used printed paper behind the cut. Nice jOB! Good luck in the challenge!!
    Would love for you to stop over at my blog. I have a giveaway going on right now until this evening. Stop over and check it out!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete