I've been swamped since mid-August with substitute teaching at my son's preschool, three baby showers, and preparing for our first MOPS meeting of the year. I'm finally seeing light at the end of this busy tunnel -- and it's a craft light! Hubby is treating me to a scrapbooking retreat next weekend at Rivendell Ranch. If I can just make it through the next five days of craziness, I get to relax with my Cricut, Cuttlebug, and absolutely no responsibilities.
I have made a few projects over the past few weeks, one of which you'll be seeing as a guest spot on Decorate to Celebrate while I'm away in crafting paradise. But for now, I can show you two cards I made to accompany baby shower gifts:
- Card Base - two <onesie> cuts from Wrap It Up, cut at 6.5 inches, adhered together above sleeves
- Papers - cardstock by Bazzil Basics
- Cricut Cuts - onesie from Wrap It Up, page 53; "P" from Birthday Bash (font and font shadow)
- Embossing - "P" with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
- Other - brads by 7 Gypsies - Angelo; "P" on pop dots
- Card Base - Recollections (A6)
- Papers - patterns and cardstock by Recollections
- Cricut Cuts - monkey from Create a Critter, page 46; scalloped background from Elegant Edges, page 23; "baby" from Simply Sweet, page 75
- Embossing - scalloped background with Intricate Swirls by The Paper Studio; rectangle background with Mesh Texture by The Paper Studio
- Other - ribbon by The Ribbon Boutique; monkey, scalloped background, and "baby" on pop dots; flower and gemstone embellishment by Recollections
I'm entering the monkey card into the following challenge:
Die Cuttin' Divas: Challenge #32 - Zoo Crazy
Hope you liked my few projects. I promise more to come -- and more frequently -- in the coming days!
Tell me what you've been creating and what's been happening in our Cricut world... :)