Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Celebrate the Occasion: Challenge #29 - Grandparents Day

Are you ready to Celebrate the Occasion?  I am!  Challenge #29 is to create a project celebrating Grandparents Day.

We just returned from a great visit with my parents over the long Labor Day weekend.  My son had a fabulous time playing with his Papaw and GG.  If he had a way to get in a pedal car and make the seven-hour drive himself, he would!


Card Details:
  • Card Base - Recollections (A6)
  • Papers - stripes by My Mind's Eye: Magnolia; cardstocks by Bazzil Basics
  • Cricut Cuts - boy/dog in car from Nate's ABCs, page 59
  • Other - inking with Colorbox petal point ink pads; handwritten sentiment; cut on pop dots; twine from my mom's stash

Do you have a special grandparent in your life?  If so, join us in making a project this week at Celebrate the Occasion.  Happy crafting!

12 comments:

  1. Love the car with that sentiment!!!
    very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Jessica. Love the car and colours.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOve it!! some grandparents just never get old
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, love your color choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love how you personalized it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I love the sentiment! My kids have to endure a 9 - 10 hour drive to see their Grandparents too, so that time with them is super special. You summed the whole thing up in this card. Awesome. :)

    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cut. I just won this cart on eBay! I am so excited.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww... Jessica, this is ADORABLE!! LOVE that cut -- I think I need to pick up that cartridge now!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion!! :)

    Your CTO DT Sister,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know my dad (who is a grandpa) would love this card. Great job!
    Hugs, Jenni DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at Grandpa just speedin' by!! So fabulously adorable!

    Hugs,
    Tracey - fellow DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card! :)

    You're more than welcome to stop by and enter my blog candy giveaway, only 2 days left to enter! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete