Saturday, January 14, 2012

Car Fourth Birthday Card

One of my son's best buddies is having his fourth birthday party today, so I'm sharing the card and gift tag I made.  The party theme is Disney/Pixar Cars, and I sure wish for that cartridge at times like these -- but since I don't have that one yet, I used the simple car image from Boys Will Be Boys:


Card Details:
  • Card Base - Recollections (A2)
  • Papers - cardstock by Recollections; striped paper by The Paper Studio
  • Cricut Cuts - all cuts and font from Boys Will Be Boys; car, page 61; arrow, page 68
  • Embossing - circle with Cuttlebug's Spots & Dots; tireds with The Paper Studio's Mesh Texture
  • Other - car on pop dot; doodling with white Gelly Roll pen

And here's the tag I made for the gift:


Tag Details:
  • Papers - cardstock by Recollections; striped paper by The Paper Studio
  • Cricut Cuts - tag from Playtime; font from Opposites Attract

I really like the fun colors -- it makes this card and gift so cheerful.  Now I just need to keep my on little guy from opening it.  He's had a lot of practice with his recent birthday and Christmas.

I'm entering this card/tag into the following challenges:

Birthday Sundaes: Challenge #38 - Something New (My "something new" is the awesome metallic silver paper I used for the car bumper -- hard to see it shine in the photo, though.  I got a whole pack of it for $1 after Christmas! )
Celebrate the Occasion: Challenge #45 - Child's Birthday

7 comments:

  1. This is so cool Jessica! You always use COLOUR so well. Such a bright and fun card - your son's friend is going to love it. :)
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the bright colors! THanks for playing at CTO this week! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, you papers are so fun and the envelope is the greatest! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cte, love the tag! Thanks for joining us @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the bright colors...you did a very nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bright colors! Love the cuts too:) So fun!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great boy card! Love the car and the bright stripy paper. He will love it! I think I must buy that cartridge! I'm your newest follower, I found your blog through Birthday Sundaes. Love your snowman card too!
    Carla
    http://carlasscrappytales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete