Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Celebrate the Occasion: Challenge #41 - Birthday Sketch

It's another challenge day at Celebrate the Occasion!  For Challenge #41, we have a birthday sketch -- which is perfect because today is my sister-in-law's birthday!  I made this clean-and-simple card for her:


Card Details:
  • Card Base - Studio G (5x5")
  • Papers - Recollections
  • Embossing - Happy Birthday by Cuttlebug
  • Other - sentiment stamp by Hampton Ink stamped with Colorbox purple ink pad; doodling with white Gelly Roll pen
What a departure for me -- this card is completely Cricut-LESS!  My sister-in-law's style leans more toward modern than mine, so I kept my interpretation of the sketch simple.  I like how the embossing and turning the words in different directions turned out, too.

Head on over to Celebrate the Occasion to see how the other design team members interpreted the sketch -- and upload a photo of your creation, too!

3 comments:

  1. Love the embossing, great take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, love the bright colors with the fun embossed squares :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to emboss the squares!! Simple but still lots of fun!!

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete