Monday, May 7, 2012

Fantabulous Cricut: Challenge Me Monday #110 - Mother's Day

Welcome to another fantabulous Monday!  I can't believe it's already May -- can you?  Mother's Day is quickly approaching, so we're celebrating moms this week at Fantabulous Cricut.  Challenge #110 asks us to make a project for mom or a special lady with her favorite color.

I made a fun, framed photo spread of my son for my mother-in-law's gift.  Hubby didn't actually know his mom's favorite color -- typical for a guy, eh? -- so I picked some bright blues, greens, and rust colors to give it a modern, but eclectic, feel:



 

Project Details:
  • Papers - patterns by My Mind's Eye: Bohemia; cardstock by Recollections
  • Cricut Cuts - font and heart bookplate from Doodletype
  • Embossing - hearts with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots
  • Other - 8x10 frame from Big Lots; thread from stash

My little guy and I had a blast this weekend taking photos in the backyard and then printing them from our computer in sepia tones. I wasn't trying to make an affordable gift, but this framed photo collage was low-cost if you're on a budget for Mother's Day gifts.  Since I didn't send the photos to a photo center for processing, the only expense was the frame -- which was a steal for just $2.50!

So often, I'm not sure what to get my mom-in-law -- someone who has everything -- but what grandma doesn't enjoy photos of her pride and joy?  Especially if it's lovingly made with tender cropping care? :)

Do you have a special lady to honor this Mother's Day?  If so, join the challenge this week at Fantabulous Cricut!

I'm entering this project into the following challenge(s):
Exploring Cricut: Celebrating Mother's Day

11 comments:

  1. Oh Jessica, you did a fantastic job on this frame! It is adorable and such a treasure for Grandma to have:) Awesome!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great frame and a fabulous gift! Speaking as a grandmother, I can say...she is gonna love this! Great colors and prints and wonderful photos...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift! grandma is going to love it!!! love the colors you used.

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! The colors you chose are great! LOL My husband didnt know either!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous picture...and the paper you picked is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure this gift will be cherished. Those pics are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful LO! The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL gift Jessica!great pics and LOVE the colors,Have a nice day!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jessica! Oh wow, this is so amazing! How could you not like these colors? I have put that paper-line on my wishlist. I LOVE the combos you used here. Seriously Fantabulous as always, my friend! Thanks for the great inspiration! I need to get over here more often.

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT member & follower)
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful!!! I always love getting new photos of my Grandchildren!! Can never have to many and you have made the perfect presentation!! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable!!! Thanks for entering it in our challenge at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete